Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Movie Party: Amadeus

I love throwing little parties for no reason, and my favorite ones usually draw inspiration from a favorite film. After our "12 Months of Kubrick" series of movie-watching get-togethers in 2012, I was left facing an empty calendar in 2013. So a friend threw out the idea of having an Amadeus party, mostly so she could make me play piano for her! I loved the idea, and we decided to throw something together.


Amadeus is one of my favorite films ever, so planning a party inspired by this film was a fun project. I knew I wanted to have memorable details like an old-school wig, a feather pen for guests to sign our guest book, and an impromptu piano recital!



Remember the "Nipples of Venus" that Salieri offers Frau Mozart?





We made our own version, from Oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate (thanks Becky, they were delicious!)





Hee hee, this little guy stole the show!

All in all, I think there's no better way to enjoy a great film than with friends, food, and some fun details here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment