Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Soundtracks Of My Life: Jackie Brown


Yes I'm already doing another Tarantino soundtrack. So what? My column, my rules. And boy does this soundtrack rule. When Art Laboe dies, I want Quentin Tarantino to replace him. Sacrilege you say? Just give it a spin! This album is 100%, rock-solid proof that QT would take to the job like a duck to water. It's the ultimate slow-jam sampler. Perfect for all occasions: perfect for a slow cruise down the boulevard, perfect for a chill evening with your friends, and of course perfect for baby makin'! Simply owning this album will instantly turn you into the baddest ass on your block. And when you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Key Tracks: Across 110th Street, Strawberry Letter 23, Midnight Confessions, Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment