Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tangled (2010)




Okay, okay, I'm on a major Disney kick right now, so forgive me. But! I finally watched "Tangled" and it was a lot better than I expected. I'm kind of a snob about my Disneyness, and haven't seen many Disney animated films since "The Emperor's New Groove." Glad I gave this one a chance, as it was actually pretty damn cute.

It's the story of Rapunzel, kidnapped from her royal parents by an old crone who has discovered that Rapunzel's hair holds the secret to eternal youth. Kept in captivity in a tower, she yearns to escape. Luckily for her, a charming outlaw stumbles upon her hideaway and becomes her guide in the outside world.

This movie isn't high art in any way, and it doesn't need to be. It's sweet, it's funny (there's a horse character in particular that's HILARIOUS), and has some visually beautiful moments. The photo above is from a scene where they watch hundreds of colorful floating lanterns and the effect is breathtaking.

So give this one a go if you're feeling like some sweet Disney fluff, and watch out for that horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment