Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars 2012



I sort of HAVE to comment on the Oscars, don't I? They weren't full of surprises, necessarily, but I enjoyed having Billy Crystal back to host and thought they put on a nice show. We watched the show pigging out and surrounded by friends and family, and we all enjoyed it. From what I've read, enjoying the Oscars seems to put us in the minority, but WHATEVS.

Highlights:
*Octavia Spencer's emotional speech after winning Best Supporting Actress. Aw, I teared up a little!
*Cirque du Soleil's cinematic-themed performance, that made me feel a) lazy, and b) sorry for the guy who lost his balance on the person chair! Don't worry, I'm sure the beheading you will get for your crimes will be quick.
*Seeing Bob Balaban, Fred Willard, Catherine O'Hara, Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy and Jennifer Coolidge in a fake focus group for "The Wizard of Oz"..."We're always arguing about whether or not monkeys can fly, and this proves it!"
*Robert Downey Jr, Emma Stone, and the Bridesmaids taking full advantage of being presenters!
*Christopher Plummer winning Best Supporting Actor, being 82, and suave as hell at that. Take note, men of Hollywood!
*Jim Rash mocking the awkward way Angelina Jolie was standing just before presenting him with an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Descendants.
*Best Original Song goes to "Man or Muppet"? Hilarious.
*Hugo!!

Wah Wahhhh....
*The utter predictability of it all. Although, after having tied for first in the Oscar bets at our party, I shouldn't complain...
*Um, how did Harry Potter not win for makeup? The GOBLINS, people!

Aaah!
*Don't. Get. Me. Started. On. The Artist.

Oh, and for the fashionistas out there, I have to give a shout-out to my favorite fashion blog Tom and Lorenzo for all things red carpet!

Say what you will about the Oscars, but they're my Super Bowl and I'll be damned if I ever miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment