Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Silly Symphonies - "The Skeleton Dance" (1929)


Happy Fall! I'm one of those obnoxious people who announced "It's the first day of fall!" to everyone I encountered today. I love pumpkin-flavored everything, spooky decorations, and of course my beloved movie list of thrillers and frightfests. I also love watching shorts and music videos that put me in the mood for this time of year, be it "Indian Thriller" or "The Headless Horseman."  One of my absolute favorites to watch is this old beloved cartoon by Walt Disney Productions. It has the distinction of being the first of 75 "Silly Symphonies," a collection of short musical cartoons produced between 1929 and 1939. This cartoon features four skeletons dancing in a graveyard with a macabre sort of glee. It's hard to not tap your feet while watching them dance and twirl. So as we welcome the fall season and look forward to Halloween being ever closer, let's enjoy this little romp in the cemetery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment