Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Listening to Edward Scissorhands


It's been a little while since I invited our readers to revisit a particular film's score, but this one is very near and dear to my heart and I thought it was worth a shout-out. Edward Scissorhands (AKA the patron saint of angsty teens everywhere) is such a profoundly sad and wonderful character, and his tale is perfected captured by the music of Danny Elfman. Yes, the team of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman at this point is easily parodied, but when it works it works. This is a fairy tale, and the music takes you to that world of pastel houses, hedge animals, crazy hairdos, and Edward. The track below is my personal favorite, used in the scene where Edward is carving an ice sculpture and the girl he loves is dancing...

Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet but I've heard the music. It's probably the best I've heard from Danny Elfman...and he's written some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete