Friday, February 14, 2014

Couples We Wish Were Real!

Happy Valentine's Day! 
In honor of this holiday of loooove, I thought I'd make a mini-list of actors I wish were a couple in real life. I'm not talking about any old movie couple, I'm talking about actors who've played a couple together at least twice. Here are my favorites...


Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara
As seen in: A Mighty Wind, Best in Show
Why? They're adorable, and they make great music together, whether it be the ridiculous "God Loves a Terrier" from Best In Show or the beautiful "Kiss At The End of the Rainbow" from A Mighty Wind.


Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
As seen in: Flying Down To Rio, The Gay Divorcee, Roberta, Top Hat, Follow the Fleet, Swing Time, Shall We Dance, Carefree, The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle, and The Barkleys of Broadway. Whew!
Why? They're iconic, they make lovey-dovey eyes at each other like they're old pros (which, well, they are), and they're cute even when they're pretending to be mad at each other.


Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy
As seen in: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight
Why? These two feel more real than most couples I've ever seen in a film. We've seen their cinematic romance span 18 years and I really wish these films were documentaries instead. I just love them.


William Powell and Myrna Loy
As seen in: The Thin Man series (six in all), and also Manhattan Melodrama, Evelyn Prentice, The Great Ziegfeld, Libeled Lady, Double Wedding, I Love You Again, Love Crazy, and The Senator Was Indiscreet (last one's just a cameo by Loy, but still, that grand total is 14 FILMS OMG)
Why? Why the heck not? They make marriage look stylish and fun and witty, and their chemistry is undeniable. I'm glad that they were at least dear lifelong friends. 

Here's to love and the movies! Who's your favorite actor pairing?



No comments:

Post a Comment