Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Movies

Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy my seasonal movie watching. There's just something so nice about revisiting the same movies during certain times of year. While there may not be a ton of Thanksgiving themed movies , here are a few I enjoy and recommend.


The Ice Storm
Okay, this one is actually kind of depressing. Worth a watch for Christina Ricci's Thanksgiving prayer, though!

Best in Show
Everything Thanksgiving the National Dog Show airs after the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I used to start watching the dog show, then realized I'd rather be watching Best in Show, so there you go. This movie is gold.


A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
I secretly want to host Thanksgiving one year and serve toast, popcorn, jellybeans, and pretzels. My family might kill me.


Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
John Candy is wonderful in this. Funny, moving, and seasonally perfect!

Hannah and Her Sisters
A story of a dysfunctional family sandwiched between two Thanksgivings. Woody Allen? Yes please!

Addams Family Values
Two words: Thanksgiving play. It's PERFECT. I have to watch this every year; it's hilarious!

Do you have any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment