Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Favorite Slow-Mo Scenes

I love a well-placed slow-motion scene, don't you? They demand attention, whether it's a scene of grandeur or quiet observation, and usually set to great music. Here are a few of my favorites.

The Fall (2006)


The use of Beethoven in this scene really makes it for me.


Rushmore (1998)


Max Fischer never looked so badass.


The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)


You knew there would be a lot of Wes Anderson on this list, haha! This is my personal favorite; perfect song, perfect shot, captures that melancholy longing and the loveliness of Margot's face.


La Belle et La Bete (1946)


This scene is so dream-like, she looks like she's underwater. Gorgeous!


Watchmen (2009)

One of my favorite opening credits sequences ever...the slow-mo works SO well. Also, I just noticed the Last Supper reference at Sally's retirement dinner!


The Darjeeling Limited (2007)

Okay, I'll just come right out and say it. Wes Anderson is the king of slow-mo. Sorry, everybody else!

What's your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Well you took a lot of the good ones already but...Andy Warhol's Screen Tests, Jackass 3D & Clockwork Orange. This is Craig by the way :P

    ReplyDelete