Tuesday, September 25, 2012

When Movies Invade Your Dreams...


There's no denying it: cinema is all around us. It's in our references, inside jokes, and sometimes it gets buried in our subconscious and shows up in our dreams. It could be that time you dreamed you were fighting Sub-Zero in a Mortal Kombat style arena, or that dream where you decided not to get on the plane and stay with Rick in Casablanca.

Or, if you're nerdy and boring like me, you'll spend a good chunk of your evening dreaming about trying to convince your coworkers how good Amadeus is, and getting mad when the IMDB-in-your-dream has the wrong year listed ("Amadeus was NOT made in 1967! The Internet is WRONG!") No lie, that was my dream last night. Is that the best you can do, brain?  Another recurring dream of mine is that I'm one of the bank-robbing cheerleaders from Sugar & Spice. I'm a little bothered by how much space that movie is apparently taking up in my brain.

I want to hear from you! What is your most awesome, bizarre, or just plain memorable movie-themed dream?

2 comments:

  1. I have, several times, dreamed I had the magic (and unexplained) instant clothing-changer in A Woman is a Woman. In one dream I had it in the middle of a Halloween party and everyone kept changing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'd be afraid I'd come out of it naked though... I'm having trouble coming up with a good movie dream I've had. Becca tells me I had one with Spielberg and Lucas recently but I can't really remember it and she can't remember how I described it either.

    ReplyDelete