Friday, August 10, 2012

Pixies on Film

Two days ago, I cut off my hair. It's been crazy hot, I've always wanted to try it, and I wanted to see if I  had the guts! Since I have pixie-cuts on the brain, I thought I'd give a little shout-out to some of my favorite short-haired ladies on the silver screen.

Natalie Portman in "Hotel Chevalier"

Sex on legs...Natalie Portman rocked a pixie like few others can.

Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby

"I've been to Vidal Sassoon"...Farrow's pixie became legendary.


Jean Seberg in Breathless (À bout de souffle)

Adorable, she is the quintessential gamine.


Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina

For her character, cutting her hair meant that she was no longer a little girl, and was now a sophisticated woman.


Keira Knightley in Domino

Her name is Domino Harvey. And she's a bounty hunter.


Leslie Caron in An American in Paris

She got Gene Kelly's attention, so she's obviously doing something right!


Halle Berry in Die Another Day

Proof that you don't need long hair to be sexy as hell. Of course, being Halle Berry helps.

Winona Ryder in Girl, Interrupted

Casual, low-maintenance, chic!


Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bridget Fonda in Single White Female

If your roommate steals your signature hairstyle, RUN!!

Did I forget anyone? Who's your favorite?





1 comment:

  1. i got my hair cut short last month !
    Its kind of like Frankie Sandfords !
    But after watching Single White Female this week I'm definitely considering getting it cut like that !
    Launa in Ponderland

    ReplyDelete