Friday, May 11, 2012

Soundtracks Of My Life: Amores Perros


Every time a great soundtrack comes out I am faced with a dilemma: Do I buy the album and get stuck with doubles of a bunch of songs I already have, or do I just pick up the individual tracks off of iTunes? What about the songs that are "album only"? Sure I could probably track it down somewhere as a free mp3, but I guess I'm old fashioned and still believe in paying for things. Fortunately this is not really a problem with foreign film soundtracks.  Soundtracks like this one (and the one for City of God) can serve as a wonderful entrée to a whole new sonic world. It makes perfect sense that Alejandro González Iñárritu was a DJ prior to becoming a filmmaker. Not only are the songs perfect for the film, they're perfect for life! Even the 2nd disc which consists entirely of music inspired by the film is great. You no longer have to listen to NPR for world music!

¡Viva México, Cabrones!

No comments:

Post a Comment