Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Adventures of Tintin (2011)



Young journalist Tintin (Jamie Bell) finds himself sucked into a perilous adventure after he purchases a model ship that holds a secret. He meets the lovable drunk Captain Haddock (Andy Serkis) and together (with Tintin's awesome dog Snowy) they set off to uncover the mystery.

The first time I tried to watch this movie, it was in the theater and this kid behind me kept kicking my seat and yelling "ESTE TINTIN MOMMY ESTE TINTIN!" Nevertheless, I enjoyed it immensely. (By the way, cinema-goers, TRAIN YOUR DAMN KIDS.) We just got the Blu-ray and I enjoyed the second viewing just as much. This movie has ADVENTURE. It's been a very long time since I could honestly say that about a movie. It's what the 4th Indiana Jones should have been. John Williams was a perfect choice to compose the original score (and yeah, I'm kind of a John Williams fangirl) and with all of the amazing music, exotic locations and action scenes combined with comedy, it totally reminded me of the thrill I get from Spielberg's earlier films.

Also, yay motion-capture! I love that they were able to capture the look of the characters from the original Hergé drawings. Tintin needs that hair, Haddock needs that nose, Thomson and Thompson need to look almost exactly the same. It's amazing how far we've come with this technology...by far the best use of it I've seen.

So if your life is feeling a little yawns-ville, go on an adventure with Tintin and wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment