Tuesday, September 2, 2014

How to Throw an Outdoor Movie Party


Farewell, summer! If you're living somewhere that refuses to cool down and get ready for fall (ahem, southern California), there's still time to squeeze in a movie party with your nearest and dearest! This year we held our third annual Summer Outdoor Movie Pool Party and it was a blast. Here are some ways to make yours memorable.

You Will Need:
*A projector and a sheet/screen (you can rent a projector or splurge and buy your own!)

*Comfy seating (blankets, pillows, and lawn chairs work great!)

*Snacks! We like to tie them into our theme...we've actually managed to work a watermelon into our snack table presentation every year. Can you guess the movies?




*Activities - Give your guests something to do! Trivia contests, costume contests, and opportunities for creativity are always fun. We provide chalk for our guests and let them draw on the back wall in our backyard. We get to enjoy the art for the rest of the year!

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

*Details - These will leave a lasting impression, so put some thought into them! I like to print out food labels and other signs using fonts that are reminiscent of the movie you're referencing (you can find free fonts in just about every style). Provide a photo backdrop and photograph your guests! Make a playlist that fits your theme. Add details through decorations, lighting, you name it! Sometimes I'll watch the movie in advance and write down everything that comes to me that I can work into a party. What can I say? I love planning this sort of thing!


"But in the Latin alphabet, Jehovah begins with an i!"

Most importantly, RELAX and enjoy yourself! Throwing a movie party is my favorite way to share the movie-watching experience with my friends and it's a great way to enjoy the last few weeks of summer. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment