Thursday, April 12, 2012

Looper


Sorry McG, Rian Johnson is now officially the best filmmaker to come out of Orange County. I had an inkling that this was to be the case right after I saw his first film (the wonderful high school noir, Brick) but figured I'd hold off judgement just to make sure he wasn't a one-trick pony. Luckily for everyone his follow-up, the delightful heist flick The Brothers Bloom, was another winner. And now we have the trailer for Looper. Three films, each with a completely different genre, look and style of dialogue. Though we will have to wait until the official release on September 28th to make it official, I'm going to start prepping the coronation hall just in case. He did after-all direct one of the best episodes of Breaking Bad ever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love it all! Now his filmography is enough to have a RJ Film Night!

    ReplyDelete