Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sight & Sound Challenge: Wavelength (1967)

Film: Wavelength (212/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: First Time

A room. Some people. Some color changes. A horrible loud ongoing noise (or, uh, wavelength). For 45 minutes.
That's it. I didn't feel any particular way about it, except maybe irritated that 45 minutes of my life were gone and I had acquired nothing except a headache from that increasingly loud and high pitch that accompanied most of the film. To elaborate would be an insincere attempt on my part to ascribe meaning where I found none. I might have tolerated this at 10 or even 20 minutes (MAYBE) but 45? No. Although it did lead to this amusing conversation at work:
"What is that noise?"
"It's the movie I'm watching. It's just a shot of a room. There was a dead guy. And this noise. But not much else."
"Oh. Well I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night!"

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment