Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sight & Sound Challenge: The Color of Pomegranates (1969)

Film: The Color of Pomegranates (186/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: First Time

I don't have a clue what to write about this film. It's less a film and more visual poetry, with provocative images telling about a life more than a story. It's beautiful, it's intriguing, it's confusing,  it's abstract, and it went completely over my head. I won't pretend to ascribe meaning to the colors used or any of the images that appeared on the screen. The inside of my head probably sounded something like "Whaaaaaaaaaat?" It feels like a film made by aliens. I can't begin to understand it. You can watch it for yourself; I was able to find it on YouTube. Perhaps one of you can make sense of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment