Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sight & Sound Challenge: The Big Sleep (1946)

Film: The Big Sleep (176/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch 

Okay, I'll admit it. I can never follow the plot of this movie. I'm too distracted by the tilt of Bogart's hat, the way the cigarette smoke swirls in the air, the seductive hum of Lauren Bacall's voice, her half-closed eyes. Even the supporting actors are sexy in their own way...the little sister telling everyone "you're cute," half flirting, half insulting. These characters are cool, biting, and electric, especially Bogey and Bacall. There's a reason that they're one of cinema's favorite and most iconic couples. Their chemistry is undeniable. And while this may not be my favorite film of theirs, I can't deny myself a chance to watch these two together. Can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment