Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sight & Sound Challenge: Ivan the Terrible, Part 1 (1944)

Film: Ivan the Terrible, Part 1 (159/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: First Time

Oh man, you guys. This movie is SILLY, with exaggerated silent-film style acting, wide eyes and ridiculous facial expressions (I'm pretty sure all the men are wearing fake eyelashes). I tried to watch it as a Serious Film, but I couldn't help but laugh all throughout. I was showing clips to Craig and my roommates and it's definitely giggle-inducing. Having said that, I can't say that it was otherwise boring. I was engaged in the story, even if the acting cracked me up. There were also some really interesting visuals, including a scene that featured Ivan's shadow looming large on the wall. All in all amusing and definitely memorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment