Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sight & Sound Challenge: Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (1974)

Film: Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (134/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch

Sometimes I watch a film and it doesn't stay in my brain. I have trouble recalling the plot, or any details about it. Not so with Ali. I first saw it in our monthly film club last year, and as I was rewatching it I was surprised at how much I recalled, scene for scene. Maybe it's the simplicity of the story: two lonely souls finding each other and falling in love, much to the chagrin of everyone around them. Maybe it was the striking visuals, the bold colors enriching their little world, making them feel like the only people on earth, ultimately isolating them. Or maybe it was the strength of the performances, with so much communicated in a single glance. Whatever it was, this film was one got into my heart and stayed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment