Monday, August 15, 2016

Green Room (2016)


Now this is what I'm talking about! Unlike a lot of you, I did not care much for Jeremy Saulinier's last film, Blue Ruin. I didn't hate it, I just found it to be rather generic. Nothing really stuck with me after that initial viewing. I even find myself mixing it up in my brain with other films. Thanks to the specificity of the Punk v. Skinhead divide in this outing, there is no way that you could possibly mix this film up with any other. All the little nuances of those subcultures are handled just right. You get the significance of certain elements without having to have them turgidly explained to you and they add up to a more well-rounded experience overall. The more specific you get, the more universal you become. Also, who could possibly forget Anton Yelchin?

No comments:

Post a Comment