Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sight & Sound Challenge: Some Like It Hot (1959)

Film: Some Like it Hot (110/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch


I've sung this film's praises before, so I'm not sure what else there is to say! So...here's a list of everything I love about this movie that I've seen a billion times. 

*Jack Lemmon, Jack Lemmon, Jack Lemmon
*Tony Curtis in millionaire drag, threatening a small child on the beach
*Marilyn Monroe's first performance of "Running Wild", shimmying all over the place
*The tango between Osgood and "Daphne," complete with a rose between their teeth!
*"Most of the time, I slap it!"
*A secret cocktail party in a train cabin, complete with tickle fight!
*Did I mention Jack Lemmon? Every single line, look, and giggle is absolutely perfect. 

This film is one of the greatest comedies of all time and it holds its spot on this list for a reason. Revisiting it was no chore, and I'll probably watch it about once a year for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment