Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sight & Sound Challenge: Gone With The Wind (1939)

Film: Gone With The Wind (99/250) 
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch

I think this text conversation between me and a friend sums up how I feel about Gone With The Wind:


Okaaaay so that's not entirely fair (but seriously, Scarlett is the worst). I get a little blecch about films that lament the end of the "good ol' days" of the South and pretty much gloss over the whole SLAVERY thing, so I wasn't necessarily champing at the bit to revisit this one. But it is a great looking film, with an engaging enough plot to keep me interested while I was scrapbooking. In fact, if you have something time consuming and a little tedious to get done, pop in Gone With The Wind. It'll be done before you know it! I know I'm sounding unenthusiastic about this film, but I have to admit that there's something thrilling and goosebump-inducing about that gorgeous and iconic "Tara's Theme" playing over the windblown typography of the film's title panning across the screen. It's by far my favorite part of the movie. Fiddle dee dee!

No comments:

Post a Comment