Thursday, April 7, 2016

Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)


As much as I love Richard Linklater, I was a little bit dreading this movie. As if the branding as a "spiritual sequel" to the sacred text of Dazed and Confused wasn't enough, it was also going to be centered on a bunch of jocks! Was I going to willingly subject myself to two hours of frat boy antics? Much like a party where you don't know anyone, it took a little while to get into the groove, but once I found that groove I was hooked. And that's really what this movie is about: throwing yourself into different situations and adapting. It really reminded me of my high school experience floating between all the various cliques and enjoying them for what they were rather than what they were not. Like life, this film is about gobbling up experiences. You'll be surprised how much you have in common with people because, as the title states - everybody wants some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment