Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sight & Sound Challenge: Two or Three Things I Know About Her... (1967)

Film: Two or Three Things I Know About Her... (75/250)
Critics Poll: 102nd 
Directors Poll: 224th 
First Time/Rewatch: First Time

Meh. Let's just break this down into what I liked and what I didn't like. 

J'aime:
The visuals
Moments of contemplative beauty
The actors occasionally addressing the camera

Je n'aime pas:
The obnoxious whispered narration
The *endlessness* of that narration
Overall sense of pretension and aimlessness

It's strange, I don't always mind characters musing about consumerism or philosophy or the general state of the world and humanity, but this was just so tedious to sit through. Maybe I need to revisit it another day, but it was kind of a snoozefest for me. I will say, however, that there were moments of brilliance tucked away into the banality of it all. I just had to dig around a bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment