Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sight & Sound Challenge: Touch of Evil (1958)

Film: Touch of Evil (23/250)
Critics Poll: 57th
Directors Poll: 26th
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch 

With a plot that's all over the place and some very questionable fake accents (Charlton Heston as a Mexican? Really?), I found myself giggling more than I should have. What this film really has going for it is the gorgeous black and white photography, the interesting camera work, and the music by the legendary Henry Mancini, specifically "Tana's Theme." It really evokes a certain place and feeling. This film is more about a mood for me, and not necessarily an amazing story with stellar acting (I'm sorry, again, I just CAN'T with Charlton Heston). Definitely worth a watch to see how great a film can look and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment