Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sight & Sound Challenge: WALL·E (2008)


Film: WALL·E (9/250)
Critics Poll: 202nd
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch

I know I indicated that this was a rewatch, but I actually remembered so little about it that it felt like a first viewing. I was surprised that this was the only Pixar entry in the top 250; I thought one of the Toy Story films might've made the list. Upon actually revisiting this movie, I realized how artful it is. It could work entirely without dialogue, and it almost does. Little WALL·E is so animated in his movements and expressions that you understand everything you need to know. I love the scenes of WALL·E and EVE flying through space. It perfectly captures that sense of awe you feel as a kid (okay, and as a adult too) when you see something so beautiful. This film is important too...I feel like that trash-covered Earth is not too far away. Hopefully we're able to save it in less than 700 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment