Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sight & Sound Challenge: Chinatown (1974)


Film: Chinatown (2/250)
Critics Poll: 78th
Directors Poll: 91st
First Time/Rewatch: Rewatch

Confession time: I actually watched this on my phone while cleaning my house. Multitasking! I do it a lot. I figured it was okay for this one since I've seen it before, but I found myself constantly stopping to hold my phone two inches away from my (intact) nose, totally engrossed in the film. I really enjoy this one. The first time I saw it, years ago, I was trying to keep track of the plot. This time around I was able to enjoy the actors (especially Faye Dunaway and that gorgeous face of hers), and how nicely put together this film is as a whole. It doesn't feel like it has any unnecessary scenes. A bit strange watching this in California during a drought in 2015...I guess some things don't change.


No comments:

Post a Comment