Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Podcast Recommendation: You Must Remember This


Craig's been a long-time advocate of podcasts, especially (or exclusively?) those having to do with film. I was a little late to the bandwagon, but I'm happy to recommend some of which I've grown pretty fond. Today's podcast recommendation is called You Must Remember This, which is created, hosted, produced, and diligently researched by Karina Longworth. Longworth is a film critic, author, and journalist and I love the way she narrates the stories she tells. Her focus is, in her words, "exploring the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood’s first century." Her subjects are a lot of names you know (Judy Garland, Liz Taylor, Howard Hughes, Lauren Bacall), and quite a few you may be less familiar with (Frances Farmer, Val Lewton, Kay Francis). All of the episodes shed a little light onto a part of Hollywood history you probably didn't know about, and it has been very eye-opening for a classic film fanatic like me. I definitely suggest giving it a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment