Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Listening To: The Land Before Time (1988)


Let me start by saying that while I have fond nostalgic memories of the first Land Before Time film, I wouldn't rank it with my favorite animated films. It's pretty good, but not great. However! Something this film really has going for it is that fantastic James Horner score. My roommate and I were on the hunt for a not-ludicrously-expensive copy of the soundtrack (it's out of print) and I was so excited when he finally got it (and burned a copy for me, obviously). The score really elevates the film. You can listen to it and remember all that emotion you felt as a kid when you first saw this film - the heartbreak, the fear, the laughs - without having to actually dig up your VHS and watch those goofy dinosaurs running around saying things like "Green food!" and "Sharptooth!" Although, if you want to do that too you're more than welcome.

Give a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment