Thursday, January 1, 2015

Craig's 2014 Discoveries

Over the course of this year I've seen just north of 400 films. Though 68 of them were new releases, I still don't feel prepared to make a "Best of 2014" list quite yet. There are a few more I want to check out before closing the book on 2014. Perhaps by the end of the month I'll have something worth calling definitive. What I do feel confident in sharing with you guys is a list of films that were new to me and worth checking out. Some of these are established classics that I finally got around to seeing, some are slightly under the radar but worthy of more attention. The only limit I placed on things was that I had to have never seen the film before and it couldn't have been released within the last two years. It should go without saying that I highly recommend all of these.

Il Sorpasso

An Unmarried Woman

Heartbeats

The Long Day Closes

Throne of Blood

Ashes and Diamonds

Lonesome

Le Grand Amour

Aguirre: The Wrath of God

Rome, Open City

No comments:

Post a Comment