Thursday, January 1, 2015

'Becca'lise's 2014 Discoveries

Howdy! I'm doing the super cliché thing of blogging on January 1st because it's a new year and I'm going to be better about blogging, dammit! I decided my first post in ages should take a page from Craig's book and be a list of my favorite cinematic discoveries of 2014. As per his rules, the films were ones I had never seen before, and none released within the last two years. Let's do this!


Kicking and Screaming (1995)



The Rainmaker (1997)




Ponette (1996)




A Fish Called Wanda (1988)



The Double Life of Veronique (1991)



The Fisher King (1991)




The Ref (1994) 



Diabolique (1955)




Monsoon Wedding (2001)




The Stranger (1946)

2 comments:

  1. I totally delight in seeing PONETTE on this list (among many other excellent, but more highly regarded and celebrated films.) I only have it on VHS... is there a good DVD or Blu-ray available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the best of my knowledge David it isn't available for a reasonable price. Amazon is showing me $64.93. While it is certainly not the best quality, 'Becca'lise was able to watch it on Youtube broken into 10 parts.

      Delete