Thursday, September 18, 2014

Wonder Boys (2000)


Writing is hard. In film school, my screenwriting professors would assign a certain number of pages to be due the next week. Dear Lord did I sweat those pages! Each sentence was hard fought because each sentence had to be perfect before I could go on. Each word had to be weighed against the words that came before and after. The same goes for writing about film. You don't want to know how long it took me to write a piece this small. Lord knows how long it would take me to write a book!

And my indecisiveness is not limited to my work either. Just ask 'Becca'lise! I cannot make a decision to save my life. I have to weigh all the positives and negatives - and then weigh them again! I will put off making an important decision until there is simply no time left. Many of my most important life decisions have been made while under extreme duress. And you know what? The world is still spinning! Come to think of it, my life is often much more pleasant after the fact. At some point you just have to stop fussing, pull the trigger and live. Otherwise you're not really living, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment