Friday, September 13, 2013

Short Term 12 (2013)


Grace (Brie Larson) is a staff member at a foster care facility. While she is confident and effective in her role helping the young people staying at the facility, her personal life with her boyfriend and coworker Mason (John Gallagher Jr.) is less than perfect, as she struggles to open up to those closest to her about the nightmares from her past that she keeps bottled up inside.

Short Term 12 is easily one of the best films I've seen this year. Brie Larson is fantastic and the supporting cast is equally good, especially Keith Stanfeld as Marcus, a young man staying at the facility who is having anxiety over having to leave. The film is heartwarming and heartbreaking, raw and real, and I can't recommend it enough. I laughed, I cried, I felt every raw emotion. A beautiful film, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment