Thursday, April 11, 2013

Slither (2006)

When a meteor crashes to earth and turns middle-aged schlub Grant Grant (Michael Rooker) into a grotesque vessel for planetary take over, it's up to a small band of survivors to save humanity.

*      *       *

Now I know this might come as a shock to you but: 'Becca'lise and I do not make a living off of this blog. Yep, we are in fact mortal and we do in fact have day jobs. And they're not even  particularly glamorous ones either. She teaches preschool and I work retail. Fun, right? Anyhow, working retail inside a mall subjects me to a whole lot of easy listening music. Until recently the mall soundtrack was smooth jazz so this is a marked improvement. Occasionally there is even a song that I know and enjoy. And then there is "Every Woman In The World" by Air Supply. Thanks to the sick and twisted mind of James Gunn, I cannot hear that song without visualizing something akin to the photo accompanying this blog post. And rather than revolt me, it makes me smile. It makes it a little easier to get through the day. Knowing that something this demented exists is like a  warm comfort blanket. I could not be happier with the knowledge that Mr. Gunn is going to be directing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy film.

No comments:

Post a Comment