Friday, April 19, 2013

She's All That (1999)


Who misses the 90s? I know I do! I miss the nonsense of the teen movies, the questionable fashion, the sense of fun, the music, sigh! I was feeling particularly nostalgic the other day and decided to watch this (it's streamable on Netflix!)...so here's a little post on why this awful movie is also the best ever!

1. Rachel Leigh Cook and Freddie Prinze Jr.
Remember when they were in stuff? I used to looooooove Freddie Prinze Jr. Not so much anymore. And I love how awkward Rachel Leigh Cook is supposed to be. Like ugh, not that tortured artist with GLASSES!

2. "High Schoolers"
Because they all walk around like they're on their way to the beach, and talk like this: "One second, you're Zach Siler, class president, stand-out athlete, all-around bad-ass mamba-jahamba; the next thing you know, you're Zach Siler, bitch-boy."

3. Scary Performance Art
"Be silent! Be still!"

4. Bitchy McBitchFace!
I miss mean girls in movies. Like...unrealistically heinous horrible people like Taylor Vaughan. For example, here are her thoughts on her chances of being crowned prom queen: "Careful of what? OK, I could win this thing in fluorescent lighting, on the first day of my period, cloaked in T.J. Max. Ok? My mother was prom queen in '71, my cousin - prom queen in '82, and my sister would have been prom queen in '94 if it wasn't for that scam on the Conway Bed tour bus, okay? I am a goddamn legacy, all right? And besides, not to be a bitch, but who's gonna beat Taylor Vaughan?" And she totally does win! I love it.

5. The casting of Usher as some kind of student/DJ/announcer who supposedly taught the entire student body this dance: 



6. The casting of other awesome people!
Clea DuVall! Anna Paquin! Kieran Culkin! Yay!

7. Happy ending set to that Sixpence None the Richer song!
Yeah I totally slowdanced to that song at my wedding. 90s kid 4 life!

Here's to a nostalgic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment