Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013


I just love awards season, don't you? The buzz, the gowns, the speculation, all leading up to the big night! Every year my in-laws host an Oscar party and our friends go and there's food and spontaneous sing-a-longs and griping and laughing...it's a good time! So, let's get to it!

Highlights:
*The intro was all over the place (Captain Kirk? What??) but I loved adorable Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe tapdancing, and Charlize Theron looked like a goddess in that dance number.
*Shirley Bassey. Holy crap. She was giving me LIFE. I hope I look that fabulous at 76!
*Barbra's still got it too, doesn't she?
*That Sound of Music joke killed me! I love that there was a guy whose only job was to run out wearing a Nazi uniform and yell "They're gone!"
*Christoph Waltz winning his second Oscar!
*Jennifer Lawrence tripping on her way up to receive her Oscar and being able to laugh at herself.
*Quvenzhané Wallis was so cute with her puppy purse, showing off her guns, haha!
*Ben Affleck getting his due with Best Picture after getting snubbed for the nominee for Best Director. And I found his rambly speech really sweet!

Wah Wahhhh:
*That Ted bear was so creepy. Maybe I'm alone on that one.
*Seth MacFarlane was just OK. But that's what we say about all the hosts, isn't it?
*Michelle Obama presenting Best Picture was kinda weird. I love her, but she doesn't have anything to do with the film industry.
*What is wrong with Kristen Stewart? I mean, I know she stepped on glass and was on crutches and all that, but what is WRONG with her?

Here's to winning Oscar bets, (*clinks glass with Craig*) crazy sequins, and all of people who created these great nominated films! I guess I need to see Life of Pi, don't I? And congrats, Argo!





No comments:

Post a Comment