Friday, November 2, 2012

Fall Fashion at the Movies

After a sweltering summer in southern California, the weather is finally cooling down. Naturally, as a cinema-lovin' fashion-conscious gal, I turn to the movies to inspire my cool weather wardrobe. Lots of classics, coats, browns and blacks, and a touch of quirk. Here are 6 of my favorite fall looks from some of my favorite films.

Audrey Hepburn as Jo Stockton in Funny Face (1957)
What's a fashion list without Miss Hepburn? As a beatnik-bookworm-turned-model, she dons a lot of fabulous couture outfits. It's her pre-makeover clothes, however, that have me inspired. In a black turtleneck, black pants, black flats, trench coat, and simple ponytail, she is the very definition of gamine-chic!

Katharine Ross as Elaine Robinson in The Graduate (1967)
I think Katharine Ross is just stunning, don't you? Very similar to Audrey's outfit above, but given a little kick by pairing the coat with a short skirt and knee high boots. I love it!


Ali MacGraw as Jennifer Cavalleri in Love Story (1970)
Ali MacGraw serves college student fashionista realness! I'm obsessed with her clothes...classic, comfy, and so incredibly stylish.


Diane Keaton as Annie Hall in Annie Hall (1977)
Annie Hall's style has become iconic for a reason. She rocks the androgynous look with button down shirts, blazers, ties, and vests. This look is a favorite...a girl could look slammin' in this in 1977 or 2012!


Shelley Duvall as Wendy Torrance in The Shining (1980)
Let me clarify something: I'm only talking about this ONE outfit. Everything else she wears in this movie is not-so-cute (I'm looking at you, weird blue pinafore thing)! But this? I absolutely adore it. All the shades of brown are so fall-ish and so chic. Well done, Mrs. Torrance!


Gwyneth Paltrow as Margot Tenenbaum in The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
A tough look to pull off, to be sure, but the fur coat, striped dress, loafers, heavy eyeliner, and plastic hair clips definitely make a statement. This look inspires me to be more creative and think outside the box when getting dressed in the morning!

Who do you find yourself channeling through clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment