Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best Hilariously Inappropriate Disney Songs

Another Disney post! Hurrah! I love me some Disney. And I love Disney songs that are filled with implied violence, don't you?

Alice in Wonderland - “The Walrus and the Carpenter”
Favorite lyric: "'Little Oysters? Little Oysters?'
But answer, there came none
And this was scarcely odd because
They'd been eaten
Every one!"
Oyster murder! Seeing all of their empty shells was so upsetting to me as a child! But yeah, they went there. They made adorable little baby oysters, and then killed them off. Oh dear.

The Lion King - “Be Prepared”
Favorite lyric: “Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared...
Be prepared!”
This one isn’t inappropriate so much as it’s disturbing with all the Nazi-esque imagery. Chilling and effective, but hey, isn't this a children's movie? This isn't a complaint, I totally love The Lion King.

Beauty and the Beast - “The Mob Song”
Favorite lyric: “Hear him roar
See him foam
But we're not coming home
'Til he's dead
Good and dead
Kill the Beast!”
Ah, a mob singing about killing one of the main characters. “Massive paws, killer claws for the feast”?? Thanks for the mental picture of the Beast ripping apart and eating little children, Disney!

The Great Mouse Detective - “The World's Greatest Criminal Mind
Favorite lyric: “Even meaner? You mean it?
Worse than the widows and orphans you drowned?”
Hahaha yes! I don’t actually remember that lyric from my childhood, but I had it on recently while I was cleaning and my ears picked right up on that line. Woah woah woah, rewind...really Disney? Ratigan drowned women and children? Love it.

The Little Mermaid - “Les Poissons”
Favorite lyric: “First I cut off their heads, then I pull out their bones....!”
HANDS DOWN my favorite insane Disney song. It’s basically a chef singing about how much he loves chopping up dead things. This song is full of gold: “With a cleaver I hack them in two
I pull out what's inside/And I serve it up fried...” “Then you slash off their skin, give their belly a slice...” How delightfully deranged! Hee hee hee haw haw haw!

Did I miss any good ones? What's your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but giggle now when I watch Dumbo; apart from the absurdity of the acid-trip-like Pink Elephants bit, I find it hilarious how politically INcorrect the crow characters are... "Well, Ah think Ah've seen 'bout eh-ver-thang, when Ah see an elephant flahhh!" I think they even scatted a little in that song... cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete