Friday, January 27, 2012

Listening to A Little Princess (1995)

I can't believe I haven't given this one a proper write-up yet, as it's one of my favorite films ever! But today I'm just inviting you to take a listen to the score, with original music by Patrick Doyle.

The film is about a little girl raised in India, who is sent to a boarding school in New York during World War I. The score naturally is inspired by the sounds of India (such as sitar) as well as the prim and proper world of her boarding school, and when you hear the music you immediately get the feeling of being in two worlds.

The whole soundtrack is beautiful, but there's a special place in my heart for the song "Kindle My Heart". It's so youthful and spiritual, and I admit to getting a little misty when I hear it. I love it so much, in fact, that at my wedding I walked down the aisle to a piano rendition of the song.





I can't wait to hear Patrick Doyle's upcoming score for Pixar's Brave! In the meantime, we have his previous film scores to enjoy. Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment