Friday, January 13, 2012

Listening to E.T. (1982)

I thought I'd start a regular feature on Cinema Nerds to briefly take a look at some memorable (aka my favorite :P) film scores. I'm no music critic by any means, and can't (and don't want to) point out different instruments or forms or any of that. I merely want to invite you to stop and listen. Today's score is that of E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), original music by John Williams.

John Williams is the man. He's been nominated for 45 (45!!) Academy Awards and he's famous for a reason. This is probably not the first nor will it be the last time I gush about his work. I know in some circles he's overrated, but I'm a big fan, I can't help it!

E.T. isn't necessarily my favorite film, but there's something so gorgeous and iconic about this score. It lifts you up, and if you've seen the film, just listening to it makes you picture bicycles soaring over the trees. For me personally, just listening to this music reminds me why I love film so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment