Monday, October 17, 2011

Aliens (1986)


Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) accompanies a team of Colonial Marines to LV-426 where her entire crew perished decades before at the hands of a single alien killing machine. This time there are more and this time it's war!

*      *      *

I yearn for the days before James Cameron was "king of the world". Though I would never expect him to return to the down and dirty days of the original The Terminator and his work for Roger Corman, I wish there could be a happy middle-ground between cheap thrills and pretension. I guess what I'm really saying is that I wish he would just keep making Aliens and T2 over and over again. Heck I'd even settle for the True Lies sequel that Tom Arnold has been trying to put together. Just please, no more Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment