Monday, September 12, 2011

Pride and Prejudice (2005)



Aw, who doesn't love a romantic period film? Okay, I realize that there are many of you who might not, but this movie is oh-so-special. I made Craig watch this when I had my wisdom teeth out and he was being my nurse, haha!

Elizabeth Bennett (Keira Knightley) is a spirited young woman who lives with her parents and four sisters. In a time when the name of the game was husband-snagging, Lizzie seems to be holding out for love. She meets Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen) and at first sight he appears to be arrogant and uptight. And yet...they are drawn to each other. And so it goes.

I love this movie. The dialogue has a great rhythm to it, the locations are beautiful and the score is lovely (I actually tracked down sheet music so I could duplicate the wonderful music on my little piano)! The chemistry between Macfadyen and Knightley is great too. It's all about the little moments between them...Mr. Darcy looking up with interest when he hears Elizabeth's name, Elizabeth breathing as though the wind has been knocked out of her after an emotional confrontation, his stammering during declarations of love. Aww! I want to watch it again right now!

This film gets a zillion stars on the Becca Scale that I just made up. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment